This short walkthrough describes how to install the linux kernel version 3.10.0 on Ubuntu Linux without having to compile it yourself.
This guide should work with the latest version of Ubuntu Linux and most Ubuntu-based distributions including Mint. The included kernel files have been compiled using the generic Ubuntu configuration.
- Download the kernel headers package:
- And the appropriate package for your system
- And the accompanying compiled kernel image
- Install the files in the same order as downloaded above.
- In the terminal run:
- Reboot and select the kernel from the bootloader menu
The source can be found on www.kernel.org
I will post the latest version of the 3.10 branch in comments below.