Somewhere in april Packt Publishing will release the WordPress 2.8 Themes Cookbook.
I will be reviewing this book on my website.
The book is writing for WordPress developers and webmasters who want to learn how to create custom themes for their site/blog. It`s recommended to have experience with WordPress and HTML/CSS before you start with the book.
What you will learn from this book
- Enhance your page templates, optimize the use of images, and add effects to them
- List your pages, categories, and tags on a blog and create navigation
- Stylize your posts to make them look interesting
- Display, format, and tweak the comment system to attract the visitors
- Package and distribute your theme using the WordPress.org theme repository
- Display auxiliary information about the post being displayed using dynamic sidebars
- Empower your end users to change the contents displayed in the theme’s sidebar without involving a programmer
- Change the style of your theme depending upon image content and time