Since there is no update for Yahoo`s YUI Graded Browser Support in Q2 I`ve made my own list:
- Firefox 4
- Firefox 5
- Safari 5
- Safari for iOS 4
- Internet Explorer 9
- Internet Explorer 8
- Google Chrome 11
- Google Chrome 12
- WebKit for Android OS 2.2
- WebKit for Android OS 3.0
Yesterday microsoft announced in this post that:
- IE9 will support H.264.
- Microsoft released an add-on for Firefox on Windows to support H.264
- Microsoft will release a plugin for Google Chrome on Windows to provide support for H.264.
- Support will be provided for IE9 users who want to play WebM
What does this mean?
Why Google doesn`t want to use H.264 in Chrome – Microsoft will make a workaround.
With this workaround and WebM support I forsee a good future for H.264 and WebM.
Personally- at this moment – I haven`t made a choice of codec yet. Maybe after reading the HTML5 Video ook, which I will be reviewing next week!