Over the last year I`ve had several occasions where people would steal my intellect / ideas for their own benefit. To avoid this I`m moving development of all my new projects into hidden construction phase. this means I`m locally hosting the project planning, source code, issues, feature requests and development releases.
It`s the time of the year when it`s dark outside. What do you do then? Turn on the lights.
And are those LED or energy saving bulbs? Surely not all of them!
The most environment friendly thing to do is to replace a bulb when it`s broken, it`s a waste of money and materials if you replace a working one with a working one.
By the end of the month I have replaced the last regular light bulb with an energy saving one or LED one.
This installation guide should work with the latest version of Ubuntu Linux and most Ubuntu-based distributions including Kubuntu and Mint. The included kernel files have been compiled using the generic Ubuntu configuration. A low latency version is also available in the directory of the linked files.
The files can be found at http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v4.8/
Installation Guide (GUI)
- Download the kernel headers package:
- And the appropriate headers package for your system (choose yours)
- AMD64: linux-headers-4.8.0-040800-generic_4.8.0-040800.201610022031_amd64.deb
- i386: linux-headers-4.8.0-040800-generic_4.8.0-040800.201610022031_i386.deb
- ARMHF: linux-headers-4.8.0-040800-generic_4.8.0-040800.201610022031_armhf.deb
- ARM64: linux-headers-4.8.0-040800-generic_4.8.0-040800.201610022031_arm64.deb
- PowerPC (ppc64el): linux-headers-4.8.0-040800-generic_4.8.0-040800.201610022031_ppc64el.deb
- And the kernel image (choose yours)
- AMD64: linux-image-4.8.0-040800-generic_4.8.0-040800.201610022031_amd64.deb
- i386: linux-image-4.8.0-040800-generic_4.8.0-040800.201610022031_i386.deb
- ARMHF: linux-image-4.8.0-040800-generic_4.8.0-040800.201610022031_armhf.deb
- ARM64: linux-image-4.8.0-040800-generic_4.8.0-040800.201610022031_arm64.deb
- PowerPC (ppc64el): linux-image-4.8.0-040800-generic_4.8.0-040800.201610022031_ppc64el.deb
- Install the files in the same order as downloaded above. So first install the headers (generic and CPU) and finally the image (1 file).
- In the terminal run:
- Reboot and select the kernel from the bootloader menu
I will post the latest version of the 4.8 branch and 4.9 release candidates in comments below.
Most of these plugins will be included in Powerpackm which on release will even include more features.
All plugins will receive a final readme update, stating that I make sure it is fully compatible with WordPress versions up to 4.6 (which will release in August 2016), but no more support will be given. All users are recommended to use Powerpack if they want to keep on receiving support.
The plugins which will be abandoned and integrated into PowerPack are:
- Comic Sans (I recommend Comic Sans Day)
- Dojo Toolkit Updater
- MooTools updater
I will be still working on: