This mini-guide explains how to install Aerosoft Airport Enhancement Services (AES) for Flight Simulator X – Steam Edition (FSXSE)
- Install Flight Simulator X – Steam Edition (FSXSE)
If already installed: follow the guide in the patch notes below
- Download and install AES version 2.37
- Start FSX and start playing!
Also see the manual for AES
Patch Notes for 12 january 2015
The FSX:SE splash screen with show 62608 for the new version and the official version number is v10.0.62608.0.
• For new installs, we now provide default versions of dll.xml and exe.xml files to improve compatibility with existing add-ons.
Please note: Existing owners of FSX:SE will not get the dll.xml and exe.xml files automatically. We did not want to change them because we know that a lot of players have already modified them. If you would like the new versions of these files all you have to do is verify your files through Steam. You can do this by following these steps:
1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition