This guide shows you how to make a proper Outlook 2007 email archive backup.
- Close Outlook and wait 10 seconds
- Run: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\scanpst.exe
- Open the file in “C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook”
- In case you have multiple files in the directory do step 2 and 3 several times
- Copy the files from “C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook” to the backup location
To open the backups, just open the .pst files you copied earlier.
This guide describes how to back up your Microsoft Outlook 2007 email accounts (excluding your emails).
- Start > Run > regedit
- Locate the following path in your Registry Editor
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook
- Right click the Outlook directory in the left menu en choose Export
- Choose the directory where you want to save the data and choose an appropriate filename
- Press save and your done
Importing is as sample as 2 clicks!
- Open the registry file you saved earlier
- Press to accept the registry patch
A hidden feature i was looking for for ages; show the weeknumbers in the calendar. You can show week numbers only in the Month view.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click Calendar Options.
- Show week numbers in the Date Navigator