What you’ll learn from this book:
- Draw on canvas and place text on the canvas
- Create animated scenes using timing events
- Handle mouse events for interaction with the user/player
- Important concepts useful in any programming language/environment
- HTML tags, canvas, Math.random, setInterval, setTimerout, addEventListener, Date, localStorage and other features
More information about this book can be found at http://friendsofed.com/book.html?isbn=1430233834
The Packt Publishing Open Source Award 2010 winners are know known!
Open Source CMS
- Winner: CMS Made Simple
- 1st Runner up: SilverStripe
- 2nd Runner up: MODx
Hall of Fame CMS
- Winner: WordPress
- 1st Runner up: Drupal
- 2nd Runner up: Joomla!
Most Promising Open Source Project
Open Source E-Commerce Applications
- Winner: PrestaShop
- 1st Runner up: OpenCart
- 2nd Runner up: Tomato Cart
Open Source Graphics Software
- Winner: Blender
- 1st Runner up: GIMP
- 2nd Runner up: Inkscape
- Winner: jQuery
- 1st Runner up: Mootools and Raphaël
More information can be found at http://www.packtpub.com/open-source-awards-home
Packt Publishing started the 2010 Open Source Awards.
In 2009 WordPress won the yearly Open Source Awards Award in what was a very close contest with MODx and SilverStripe.
For more information visit www.PacktPub.com/open-source-awards-home
Next month Apress will publish the book “Pro HTML5 Programming: Powerful APIs for Richer Internet Application Development”.
I am going to review this book on my website in august.
I already had a sneak peak at the book and I can say it looks very promissing!
If you want to pre-order or buy the book, click the image below.
If you want to know more about the book have a look at www.apress.com/book/view/1430227907
What you’ll learn from the book:
- How the HTML5 specification has evolved
- How to develop cutting-edge web applications using new HTML5 features like WebSockets, Geolocation, Web Storage, Canvas, and Audio and Video.
- Which features are available in browsers today