This short walkthrough describes how to install the Ubuntu linux kernel 3.15 on without compiling.
This guide should work with the latest version of Ubuntu Linux and most Ubuntu-based distributions including Mint. The included kernel files have been compiled using the generic Ubuntu configuration.
Installation Guide (GUI)
- Download the kernel headers package:
- And the appropriate package for your system
- And the accompanying compiled kernel image
- Install the files in the same order as downloaded above. So first install the headers (2 files) and finally the image (1 file).
- In the terminal run:
- Reboot and select the kernel from the bootloader menu
I will post the latest version of the 3.15 branch and 3.16 release candidates in comments below.