In the near future (next week) I will be reviewing “Joomla! 1.5 Templates Cookbook” by Packt Publishing.
The book teaches the reader how to modify and adapt Joomla! 1.5 templates to their wishes and optimise a template.
The book consists of a series of self-contained step-by-step recipes that cover everything from common tasks such as changing your site’s logo or favicon and altering color schemes, to custom error pages and template overrides.
The book is written for webdesigners and Joomla! users with experience in (X)HTML and CSS.
What you will learn from this book :
- Get to grips with the basics of template design for Joomla! such as changing the logo and altering color schemes for your templates
- Understand Joomla! concepts such as module chrome and template positions
- Add a multilingual aspect to your website to cater to a larger audience
- Create custom error templates and generate revenue by displaying advertisements on your website
- Style Joomla!’s search results and customize Joomla!’s breadcrumb trail
- Create attractive and functional print styles for your website to make your content printer-friendly
- Customize the look and feel of your Joomla! website’s administration panel to match either your business or client identity
- Create social bookmarks, embed videos, and add a shoutbox to your Joomla! website to make it more user-friendly
- Integrate Joomla! with social media such as Twitter and YouTube
- Create and specify mobile stylesheets for you Joomla! website to style your Joomla! website more effectively for mobile users
- A wide range of miscellaneous tips, tricks, and tasks to help get your Joomla! website one step closer to perfection
If you`re interested you can find a sample chapter at https://www.packtpub.com/sites/default/files/1247-chapter-3-theming-the-details.pdf
This book should be available in your local book store at this time.